Known issues and limitations
In Hangouts Meet, if you encounter one of these known issues, you can take action to correct it.
ConnectivityPeople can't hear me from a Mac
Some Apple® Mac® computer settings might prevent Meet from using your microphone.
Go to your device system settings and make sure your microphone is not turned off.
Each version of the Meet mobile app is supported for 6 months after its release.
Upgrade to the latest version of the mobile app.
Meet supports dial-in phone calls to a video meeting for up to 8 hours. The maximum call length can be shorter if the carrier has specific restrictions.
When the call is dropped after 8 hours, dial back in to the meeting.
Sometimes, if you use Chrome Browser version 64 on Microsoft® Windows 7®, the browser freezes when you try to join a meeting.
- Before joining the video meeting, in the address bar, enter chrome://restart to restart Chrome Browser.
- Update Chrome Browser.
Sharing and presentingMenus do not show when presenting a window
If you share a window in Meet, participants can’t see the menus and options in the shared window.
Share your entire screen instead of a specific window.
If you try to share a Microsoft® PowerPoint® or Apple® Keynote® presentation in Play or Slide Show view in a window, the slideshow does not appear to other viewers because the presentation opens in full screen mode, and you're only sharing a window.
Before opening the presentation, share your whole screen.
If you hear an echo during a meeting, the problem is usually caused by microphone feedback. A sound is picked up and repeated from the microphone to the speaker over and over again.
You must isolate the microphone causing the issue, and reduce that microphone’s sensitivity. During a meeting, the Meet window will focus on whichever room or user is currently sending audio.
Note: There may be more than one microphone with increased sensitivity.
Some Windows computers have a Microphone Boost option, which increases the sensitivity of the microphone. If you have Microphone Boost on your Windows machine, and it’s interfering with your meetings, complete the following steps.
- Right-click the Sound icon on the bottom right of your screen.
- Click Open sound settings.
- Scroll down to Input, and click Device properties Additional device properties.
- Click the Levels tab at the top of the window.
- Set the Boost level to 0.0dB.
- Click Apply.
Scheduling eventsCan't add a phone number to an existing event
After upgrading to the G Suite Enterprise edition, existing Calendar events with Meet video meetings do not include a dial-in number.
- Remove the video meeting from the event.
- Save the event.
- Re-add the video meeting. For details, see Create an event.
When a user adds a room to an all-day event, the room is scheduled in Coordinated Universal Time (UTC), from midnight to midnight the next day, regardless of the room's time zone. This specification might cause the meeting room resource to be declined even if it appears to be available. Google is aware of this issue.
When adding a meeting room resource in a different time zone, schedule the event for 24 hours instead of selecting All day.
- All participants must join a video meeting using Meet. You can’t join a new video meeting using classic Hangouts.
- Meet supports dial-in phone calls to a video meeting for up to 8 hours. The maximum call length can be shorter if the call carrier has restrictions.
- Classic Hangouts reporting APIs do not apply to Meet.
- If you’re using Microsoft® Internet Explorer® 11, the audio and video might deteriorate as more people join a video meeting.
- Some features might not be available when using Meet with Internet Explorer 11.