Known issues and limitations
In Hangouts Meet, if you encounter one of these known issues, you can take action to correct it.
Some Apple® Mac® computer settings might prevent Meet from using your microphone.
- Unmute your device. Go to your device system settings and make sure your microphone is not turned off.
- Unmute yourself in Meet. To turn on your microphone, at the bottom of the screen, click Unmute .
Note: Other people can mute you, but they cannot unmute you.
- On computers using Apple Mojave® version 10.14 or later, you must allow Chrome Browser and Mozilla Firefox® to access your computer’s microphone using the new privacy settings.
- Go to System Preferences Security & Privacy.
- Select Privacy Microphone.
- Next to Google Chrome or Firefox, check the box.
- In a Chrome Browser tab, enter chrome://restart to restart Chrome and reset all Chrome apps and extensions.
- Restart your computer.
Learn about additional options to unmute your computer.
Each version of the Meet mobile app is supported for 6 months after its release.
Upgrade to the latest version of the mobile app.
Meet supports dial-in phone calls to a video meeting for up to 8 hours. The maximum call length can be shorter if the carrier has specific restrictions.
When the call is dropped after 8 hours, dial back in to the meeting.
Sometimes, if you use Chrome Browser version 64 on Microsoft® Windows 7®, the browser freezes when you try to join a meeting.
- Before joining the video meeting, in the address bar, enter chrome://restart to restart Chrome Browser.
- Update Chrome Browser.
Sharing and presenting
If you share a window in Meet, participants can’t see the menus and options in the shared window.
Share your entire screen instead of a specific window.
If you try to share a Microsoft® PowerPoint® or Keynote® presentation in Play or Slide Show view in a window, the slideshow does not appear to other viewers because the presentation opens in full screen mode, and you're only sharing a window.
Before opening the presentation, share your whole screen.
After upgrading to the G Suite Enterprise edition, existing Calendar events with Meet video meetings do not include a dial-in number.
- Remove the video meeting from the event.
- Save the event.
- Re-add the video meeting.
For details, see Create an event.
When a user adds a room to an all-day event, the room is scheduled in UTC, a coordinated universal time, from midnight to midnight the next day, regardless of the room's time zone. This specification can cause the meeting room resource to be declined even if it appears to be available. Google is aware of this issue.
When adding a meeting room resource in a different time zone, schedule the event for 24 hours instead of selecting All day.
- All participants must join a video meeting using Meet. You can’t join a new video meeting using classic Hangouts.
- Meet supports dial-in phone calls to a video meeting for up to 8 hours. The maximum call length can be shorter if the call carrier has restrictions.
- Classic Hangouts reporting APIs do not apply to Meet.