3. Compare Meet vs. classic Hangouts
- G Suite Basic includes special editions for nonprofits and government agencies.
- G Suite Business includes G Suite for Education.
- Most G Suite Enterprise features are also supported in the G Suite Enterprise for Education edition.*
Number of participants
|Up to 25|
|Ways to join a video meeting||
|Send chat messages in video meetings||✔||Via the web only|
|Present documents or entire screen||✔||✔|
|External participants||Clear and simple access control by giving video meeting access to any participant using a single shared link||Access to video calls is managed through a combination of Calendar permissions and invites|
|Dial in from a phone||
All G Suite editions support a U.S. phone number
|Dial out to a phone number***||✔||✔|
|Record a meeting||
|iOS mobile and tablet support||✔||✘|
|Reporting API||More than 50 different reporting metrics||17 different reporting metrics|
|View presentations on mobile||View high resolution content; pinch-to-zoom supported on Android and iOS||View low resolution content|
|Meeting URLs||Unique meeting URLs||Modifiable meeting URLs|
* Free G Suite Enterprise for Education edition licenses do not provide the feature to record meetings. Compare G Suite for Education vs. G Suite Enterprise for Education.
** Google meeting room hardware includes Hangouts Meet hardware, Chromebox for meetings, and Chrome devices for meetings.
*** Hangouts Meet currently supports calls from most countries to the U.S./Canada only. Classic Hangouts supports free calls to and from U.S./Canada. International calls require a credit card.