If your organization has migrated from HCL Notes to Google Workspace, your users can continue using their Notes calendar with Google Calendar Resource Sync (GCRS). GCRS is a platform-specific HCL Notes application that you install on one or more HCL Domino servers.
Use GCRS to...
- Synchronize Domino Resource Reservations with Google Calendar resources (future events only).
- Sync single-instance and recurring events.
- Provision resources in Google Workspace.
Note: You can also use GWMHN to provision resources. Go to Before you migrate from HCL Notes.
- Provide conflict reporting.
- Run as a built-in HCL Notes application on a Domino server.
- A G Suite or Google Workspace edition
- A super administrator account for your Google Admin console (for example, to provision users and resources and activate profiles)
- (Optional) A service account to authenticate the HCL Domino server. Learn more
- To install and run GCRS, you need Microsoft Windows Server 2013 or later. Older versions of Windows Server might work, but check whether you need to update the XML services to Microsoft Core XML Services 6 level. Consult your Microsoft documentation about checking your version and how to update.
- The GCRS server requires at least:
- Editor access and delete rights to Domino’s Resource Reservations database.
- Reader access to the Domino directory.
- The GCRS server must have access to the internet.
HCL Notes and Domino
- Migration requires HCL Domino Server release 7 or later.
- Install a single HCL Notes client with Domino Administrator.
- Administrator access is required for the mail files being migrated through a trusted user or server ID.
- The server responsible for polling Google servers must have access to the internet.
- If you’re adding a dedicated GCRS server to your network, the server must be registered as part of your existing Domino organization.
Optionally, you can use GCRS with Google Calendar Connector for HCL Notes (GCCHN). With GCCHN, your users can view each other’s availability regardless of whether they’re using Notes or Calendar. For details, go to Compare GCRS and GCCHN.
GCRS is also compatible with Google Workspace Migration for HCL Notes (GWMHN), but only if you’re using GWMHN release 4.1 or later. Do not use GCRS if you have migrated Notes resources to Google using earlier versions of GWMHN or other migration software. Go to Before you migrate from HCL Notes.
Google, Google Workspace, and related marks and logos are trademarks of Google LLC. All other company and product names are trademarks of the companies with which they are associated.