Cloudflare: Verify your domain
Tip: For convenience, expand the steps in this article and print it to refer to as you go through the verification process.
After you verify that you own your domain, you can start using your Google service such as G Suite or Cloud Identity. If you have G Suite, you can start using Gmail, Google Drive, and all the other services included with your G Suite account.
How do I verify?
When you sign up for your Google service, you get a verification record that you copy and paste into your domain settings.
Need help with verification? Contact support for fast, free, personalized help.
When you initially sign up for your Google service, Google provides the verification record in the Setup Wizard (on the Verify your domain and set up email page).
If you need to verify your domain and you’re not already in the Setup Wizard, go to Find the G Suite Setup Wizard for instructions. Select TXT as your verification method in the wizard and then return to this article. Move on to the second Begin setup step below, and log into your domain host website.
Click through the Setup Wizard steps until you see the verification record.
The record looks like this:
google-site-verification=followed by a unique string of text and numbers.
- Copy the verification record (including the entire string of text and numbers).
- Go back to the Cloudflare site tab you opened earlier in step 1.3.
- Click the domain you that you want to verify with your Google service.
- At the top of the screen, click DNS.
- In the DNS Records section, select TXT from the drop-down list.
- Enter @ in the Name field.
- Click the Click to configure field.
- Paste the verification record you copied earlier into the Content field.
- Click Save.
- Return to the Setup Wizard in the first browser tab.
- Check the I saved the TXT verification record box and go to Next steps.
Next steps (for G Suite)
Now it’s time to set up Gmail with your G Suite account.
- Keep the Setup Wizard and your domain host website open.
- In a separate browser tab or window, open the instructions for setting up Gmail with your host.
- Follow the instructions to set up your MX records for mail delivery to Gmail.