Weebly: Verify your domain
Tip: For convenience, expand the steps in this article and print it to refer to as you go through the verification process.
After you verify that you own your domain, you can start using your Google service, such as G Suite, Drive Enterprise, or Cloud Identity. If you have G Suite, you can start using Gmail, Google Drive, and all the other services included with your G Suite account.
Note: Use these instructions if you purchased your domain name (for example, yourcompany.com) through Weebly. If your website is hosted by Weebly but you purchased your domain name through a different domain host, use the instructions for that domain host. If you're unsure who that is, you can identify your domain host.
You get the verification record in the Setup Wizard when you sign up.
Not in the Setup Wizard? Go to Find the G Suite Setup Wizard to find the verification record. Copy your unique verification record, return to this article, and go to Step 2: Sign in to your domain host.
On the Verify your domain and set up email page, click Choose a different method and select Add a domain host record.
- From the Value/Answer/Destination field, copy the entire unique verification record.
Tip: If you need a CNAME record instead of a TXT record, in the Add a new TXT record to your domain step in the Setup Wizard, click add a CNAME record. You'll copy and paste both parts of this record into your domain's DNS records.
- In the Setup Wizard, on the Verify your domain and set up email page, click the link to open your domain host sign-in page in a new tab.
Note: If the Setup Wizard doesn’t provide a link to your domain, click here to open the Weebly® site in a new tab. The Setup Wizard remains open in the first tab.
- Log in to Weebly.
If you don’t know your username and password, you can click Reset Password or contact Weebly support.
- From your Weebly home page, click Domains.
- Click the domain you want to verify with your Google service.
In the DNS Records section, click Edit.
Click Add Record.
From the Type drop-down list, select TXT.
Enter @ in the Host field.
- Paste the verification record you copied earlier in the Points To field.
- Click Save.
The screen refreshes listing your new TXT record in the DNS Records section.
- Return to the Setup Wizard.
- Check the I saved the verification record box or click Verify.
- If you’re a G Suite customer, go to Next steps to set up Gmail.
G Suite: Next steps
Now it’s time to set up Gmail with your G Suite account.
- Keep the Setup Wizard and your domain host pages open.
- In a separate browser tab or window, follow the instructions to set up Gmail (MX records) with your host.