Note: Use these instructions if you purchased your domain name (for example, your-company.com) through Weebly. If your website is hosted by Weebly but you purchased your domain name through a different domain host, use the instructions for that domain host. If you're unsure who that is, you can identify your domain host.
We don't want someone else to use your domain to sign up for Google Workspace. You can help us keep your domain safe by showing us that you are the owner.
How do I verify?
When you sign up for your Google service, you get a verification record that you copy and paste into your domain settings (usually stored with your domain host).
Need help with verification? Contact Google Workspace support for fast, personalized help that’s included with your Google Workspace subscription. Google Cloud support is available for customers with Silver, Gold, or Platinum support levels.
- In the Admin Console, on the Verify your domain and set up email page, click the link to open your domain host sign-in page in a new tab.
Note: If the Admin Console doesn’t provide a link to your domain, click here to open the Weebly® site in a new tab. The Admin Console remains open in the first tab.
- Log in to Weebly.
If you don’t know your username and password, you can click Reset Password or contact Weebly support.
- From your Weebly home page, click Domains.
- Click the domain you want to verify with your Google service.
In the DNS Records section, click Edit.
Click Add Record.
From the Type drop-down list, select TXT.
Enter @ in the Host field.
- Paste the verification record you copied earlier in the Points To field.
- Click Save.
The screen refreshes listing your new TXT record in the DNS Records section.
Scroll to the bottom of the next page and click Verify my domain.
Important! It might take additional time for your registrar to publish the verification code. If the Google Workspace setup tool gives you an error message, wait an hour before you try again.
In extreme cases, it can take up to 48 hours for your registrar to publish your verification code.
- Return to the Google Workspace setup tool, where you can:
- Add other users to your account.
- Activate Gmail for your organization.
- Review the quick start guides to continue setting up Google Workspace for your organization.