When you use the data migration service, you can adjust the migration speed. The migration speed sets the number of active users being migrated at a time. Learn more about the data migration service.
You must be signed in as a super administrator for this task.
Adjust the migration speedBefore you begin
To access the Data migration tool in the Admin console:
From the Admin console Home page, go to Data migration.
To see Data migration, you might have to click More controls at the bottom.
The number of users migrated equates to twice the migration speed. For example, if the migration speed is set to 50, the data migration service processes 100 users at a time. A higher number increases the speed of your migration and the load on your mail server, which can slow performance.
To adjust the migration speed:
- Click MoreMigration settings.
- Adjust the number of requestsSave.
- Set the migration speed to half the number of users you're migrating. For example, if you're migrating 100 users, set the migration speed to 50.
- Otherwise, leave the migration speed at the default value, which is 100.
- Don't select a migration speed that's larger than half the number of simultaneous requests your server can handle. Doing so can put too much load on your legacy mail server.