When you use the data migration service, you can adjust the migration speed. The migration speed sets the number of simultaneous requests being migrated at a time. Learn more about the data migration service.
Important: You cannot change the migration speed when migrating data from G Suite or Gmail. These migrations are always set to unlimited concurrent users as the maximum speed.
You must be signed in as a super administrator for this task.
Adjust the migration speedBefore you begin
To access Data migration in the Google Admin console:
From the Admin console Home page, go to Data migration.
The migration speed equates to the number of simultaneous requests made to your source server. It also affects how many users are migrated.
The number of users you're migrating should be twice the migration speed. For example, if the migration speed is set to 50, the data migration service processes 100 users at a time. A higher value increases the speed of your migration but the escalated load on your source mail server might degrade server performance.
To change the migration speed:
- Click MoreMigration settings in the Migrations table.
- Adjust the number of users and click Save.
- Set the migration speed to half the number of users you're migrating. For example, if you're migrating 100 users, set the migration speed to 50.
- Otherwise, leave the migration speed at the default value, which is 100.
- Don't select a migration speed that's larger than half the number of simultaneous requests your source server can handle. Doing so can put too much load on your legacy mail server.