Fix bounced or rejected emails
"The email account that you tried to reach..."
If you get this error, your recipient's address might not work or exist anymore.
- Check for these common mistakes in the email address you're sending to:
- Quotation marks
- Dots at the end of the address
- Spaces before or after an address
- Spelling errors
- Search your contacts for a different address the same person uses
Why your message bounced
You'll see this error message if Gmail isn't able to connect to the email server of your email's recipient.
What you can do
The problem usually goes away quickly without you doing anything. Try sending the email again later.
If you keep getting the error:
- Check if there are any mistakes in the recipient's email address
- Contact the customer support team of your recipient's email provider
If you got this error while emailing someone at your work, school, or other organization, contact your administrator.