Activate your account
Account activation connects your domain to G Suite. Once your account is activated, you can use Gmail with your domain name and start using G Suite.
Activate your G Suite account during sign up
Activate your account when you sign up for G Suite. It takes about 20 minutes and your domain’s website won’t be affected.
Activate your G Suite account manually
You can activate your account manually if:
- You want to transition to G Suite in a staged rollout
- You didn’t complete the activation steps during sign-up
The Admin console is where you manage G Suite services for your organization.
- Go to admin.google.com.
- Sign in with your G Suite username that contains your domain name, such as email@example.com, not your personal Gmail address. Forgot your password?
- If you see a Welcome to your new account message, read through the terms of service and click I accept. Continue to my account.
You can manually complete your account activation from the Admin console.
- Verify your domain—Add a unique record to your domain’s DNS settings to prove that you’re the domain owner.
- Add users—Give each user account a username and password, so they’ll have secure access to Gmail and G Suite services.
- Set up Gmail (MX records)—Add new MX records with your domain provider to direct your domain’s email to Gmail.
- Set up billing—Choose the G Suite edition and billing options that best suit your organization’s needs.
If you don’t see your administrator account name when you sign in to the Admin console, click Sign in to a different account.
To switch between accounts on the same computer without signing in each time, see Sign in to multiple accounts.