Turn Keep on or off for users
As a G Suite administrator, you can control who uses Google Keep in your organization. Users who have Keep turned on can use it to create, manage, and share notes within your organization.
By default, Keep is enabled for all new organizations, and for organizations that use Drive. You can also choose to have new services initially turned on or off.
- To enable Keep, you must also turn on Google Drive or an error occurs.
- Keep is not available for G Suite for Government users, who can download the app but will not be able to sync their data to the cloud.
- Learn more about G Suite editions.
Enable or disable Keep
From the Admin console Home page, go to Apps G Suite Keep.
To see Apps, you might have to click More controls at the bottom.
At the top right of the gray box, click Edit Service .
To apply settings to all organizations, click On for everyone or Off for everyone, and then click Save.
To apply settings to individual organizational units, do the following:
- At the left, select the organizational unit that contains the users whose settings you want to change.
- To change the setting, select On or Off.
- To keep the setting the same, even if the parent setting changes, click Override.
- If the organization's status is already Overridden, choose an option:
Inherit—Reverts to the same setting as its parent.
Save—Saves your new setting (even if the parent setting changes).
Learn more about the organizational structure.
- (Optional) Adjust the Drive Settings options that are supported by Keep.
Changes typically take effect in minutes, but can take up to 24 hours. For details, see Admin console settings don't update.
If you manage a large number of users or sync your LDAP directoryYou can use access groups to turn on a service for specific users within an organizational unit. You turn off the service for the organization, and then add the users to an access group that has the service turned on. This lets you give users access to services without making changes to your organizational structure. Learn about access groups.
- Control who can access G Suite and Google services
- Opt in to new services (to turn new services on or off by default)
- G Suite for Education Core and Additional services