If content failed to migrate with G Suite Migration for Microsoft Exchange (GSMME), you can run another migration to remigrate the data.
Where can I find information about messages that failed to migrate?
You can find this information in the Status log file which is located in one of the following folders:
- %localappdata%\Google\Google Apps Migration\Tracing\ExchangeMigration\Status
- C:\Users\your_user_name\AppData\Local\Google\Google Apps Migration\Tracing\ExchangeMigration\Status
The Status log file provides details on the migration, including the following information:
|FailCount value||Number of failed messages|
|MessageTo||Email address of recipient|
|MessageFrom||Email address of sender|
|MessageSubject||Email message subject|
|MessageAttachments||Name of email attachment|
Reason for failure
How can I find which users are affected by a migration error?
You can find which users are affected by an error in the GSMME migration reports. To open the reports, follow these steps:
- Click Start > Run > GSMME > Show reports.
- Next to Total Errors, click the value.
- Under User Level Errors, find the error code.
- Next to Users Affected, click the value to show the email addresses of the users affected by the error.
How do I remigrate content with GSMME?
You can remigrate content with GSMME using the desktop interface or the command line.
Option 1. Use the desktop interface
- Open the latest version of GSMME.
- Depending on where you are migrating the data from, configure GSMME using one of the following sets of instructions:
- On the Review GSMME Settings screen, check Migrate all data and Migrate.
- Click Next, and then click Start.
Option 2. Use the command line
- Open a command prompt (CMD) window.
- Use the
cdcommand and navigate to the location of the GSMME installation.
- Type --force_restart.