If content did not migrate successfully with Google Workspace Migration for Microsoft Outlook (GWMMO), either there was an error or content is missing, you can run another migration to remigrate the data.
Find information on messages that didn't migrate
You can find this information in the Status log file located in one of the following folders:
- Windows 7 and later—C:\Users\your-user-name\AppData\Local\Google\Google Apps Migration\Tracing\ClientMigration\Status.
- Earlier versions of Windows—C:\Documents and Settings\your-user-name\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\Google Apps Migration\Tracing\ClientMigration\Status.
The Status log file provides details on the migration, including the following information:
|FailCount value||Number of failed messages|
|MessageTo||Email address of recipient|
|MessageFrom||Email address of sender|
|MessageSubject||Email message subject|
|MessageAttachments||Name of email attachment|
|ErrorMessage||Reason for failure|
To remigrate content:
- Open GWMMO.
- On the User Profile screen:
- Select where to import your data from by selecting your Microsoft Outlook user profile or PST file.
- Select the appropriate migration option:
- Migrate all data—Imports all your mail, contacts, and calendar events, even if they were already successfully migrated. If you select this option, Choosing this option will import duplicate contacts. New secondary calendars are created (the previous ones remain). Email messages are not duplicated.
- (Recommended) Migrate only new data—Imports only data that hasn't been imported before (doesn't duplicate contacts or overwrite existing calendar data). Choose this option to import data that did not migrate successfully.
- Click Next.
- On the Migration Settings screen, check only the Email messages box.
- Click Migrate.
Google, Google Workspace, and related marks and logos are trademarks of Google LLC. All other company and product names are trademarks of the companies with which they are associated.