As an administrator of your organization's Google Accounts, you can control who uses Google Voice. Just turn the service on or off for those users in your Google Admin console. To get a phone number for calls, text messages, and voicemail, users also need a Voice license .
Before you begin
- Your organization needs a Voice subscription.
- To turn the service on or off for a set of users, put their accounts in an organizational unit or an access group.
Control who uses Google Voice in your organization
From the Admin console Home page, go to AppsAdditional Google services.
Click Google Voice.
To turn on or off a service for everyone in your organization, click On for everyone or Off for everyone, and then click Save.
To turn on or off a service only for users in an organizational unit:
- At the left, select the organizational unit.
- Select On or Off.
- To keep the service turned on or off even when the service is turned on or off for the parent organizational unit, click Override.
- If the organization's status is already Overridden, choose an option:
- Inherit—Reverts to the same setting as its parent.
- Save—Saves your new setting (even if the parent setting changes).
Learn more about organizational structure.
To turn on a service for a set of users across or within organizational units, select an access group. For details read Customize access to G Suite services using access groups.