Turn Google Voice on or off
As an administrator of your organization's Google Accounts, you can control who uses Google Voice. Just turn the service on or off for those users in your Google Admin console. Users who have Google Voice turned on can use it to manage phone numbers and voicemail from their account.
Before you begin: To turn the service on or off for select groups of users, put their accounts in an organizational unit.
Control who uses Google Voice in your organization
From the Admin console Home page, go to AppsAdditional Google services.
Click Google Voice.
Tip: Scroll to see all services. Or at the left, choose a Filter to narrow the list, for example, based on status or popularity.
At the top right of the gray box, click Edit Service .
At the left, the top-level organization and any organizational units appear.
To apply settings to all organizations, click On for everyone or Off for everyone, and then click Save.
To apply settings to individual organizational units, do the following:
- At the left, select the organizational unit that contains the users whose settings you want to change.
- Select On or Off to change the setting.
- Click Override to keep the setting the same, even if the parent setting changes.
- If the organization's status is already Overridden, choose an option:
Inherit—Reverts to the same setting as its parent.
Save—Saves your new setting (even if the parent setting changes).
Learn more about the organizational structure.
Can't turn on Google Voice? There might be restrictions against using that service in your area. Learn more
Assign Google Voice licenses to your users.
- Control who can access Google services
- Opt in to new services (to turn new services on or off by default)
- G Suite for Education Core and Additional services