Turn Google Voice on or off
As an administrator of your organization's Google Accounts, you can control who uses Google Voice. Just turn the service on or off for those users in your Google Admin console. Users who have Google Voice turned on can use it to manage phone numbers and voicemail from their account.
Before you begin: To turn the service on or off for select groups of users, put their accounts in an organizational unit.
Control who uses Google Voice in your organization
- From the Admin console dashboard, go to AppsAdditional Google services.
Click Google Voice.
Tip: Scroll to see all services. Or at the left, choose a Filter to narrow the list, for example, based on status or popularity.
At the top of the gray box, click More and choose:
- On for everyone to turn on the service for all users (click again to confirm).
- Off to turn off the service for all users (click again to confirm).
- On for some organizations to change the setting only for some users.
If you chose On for some organizations:
- In the left panel, select Settings for specific org units.
- Select the organization that contains the users whose settings you want to change.
- Click Override or Inherit, whichever appears.
Override makes the setting stay the same, even if the parent setting changes.
Inherit reverts to the same setting as its parent.
- If you clicked Override, select On or Off to change the setting.
- Click Save.
Learn more about the organizational structure.
Can't turn on Google Voice? There might be restrictions against using that service in your area. Learn more
Learn to use Google Voice at the Google Voice Help Center.
- Control who can access Google services
- Opt in to new services (to turn new services on or off by default)
- G Suite for Education Core and Additional services