As an administrator of your organization's Google Accounts, you can control who uses Google Voice. Just turn the service on or off for those users in your Google Admin console. To get a phone number for calls, text messages, and voicemail, users also need a Voice license .
Before you begin
- Your organization needs a Voice subscription.
- To turn the service on or off for a set of users, put their accounts in an organizational unit or an access group.
Control who uses Google Voice in your organization
From the Admin console Home page, go to AppsAdditional Google services.
Click Google Voice.
To turn on or off a service for everyone in your organization, click On for everyone or Off for everyone, and then click Save.
(Optional) To turn a service on or off for an organizational unit:
- At the left, select the organizational unit.
- Select On or Off.
- Click Override to keep your setting if the service for the parent organizational unit is changed.
- If Overridden is already set for the organizational unit, choose an option:
- Inherit—Reverts to the same setting as its parent.
- Save—Saves your new setting (even if the parent setting changes).
Learn more about organizational structure.
To turn on a service for a set of users across or within organizational units, select an access group. For details read Customize access to services using access groups.