Set up Supplemental Data Storage
This feature is available with G Suite Business, Education, and Enterprise editions. Compare editions
As a G Suite administrator, you have the option to store a copy of your users’ data in a specific country. You do this by enabling Supplemental Data Storage in your Google Admin console. You can do this for some or all of your users. Google will then store those users’ data on servers based in the country you select, in addition to Google’s existing data centers. These G Suite core services are included in this feature: Gmail, Google Calendar, Google Groups for Business, Google Drive, and Google Contacts.
Enable Supplemental Data Storage
- Sign in to the Google Admin console.
- Create an organization unit and add your selected users into that unit.
- From the dashboard, click Company profile.
- Click Show more and select the Supplemental Data Storage card.
- Select the organization unit you want to apply this feature to.
- If you don’t select a specific organizational unit, this feature applies to all users in your domain.
- This feature can be enabled for multiple organizational units. Learn more about organizational units.
- Under Supplemental Data Storage, select the storage location.
- Click Save changes.
- Accept the terms.
That’s it! Google will periodically backup your users’ data to servers located in the country you specified.
Please contact Google Cloud support.