Applies to G Suite, Google Drive Enterprise, and other paid subscriptions in your Google Admin console.
If you have an invoiced billing account (not automatic payments), go here instead.
Access a monthly invoice for your Google subscription in email, or at any time in your Google Admin console.
If you're deleting your organization's Google Account for any paid subscription, you should first download and print your invoices as described below, and print your payment receipts.
Understand your email invoice
If you set up automatic payments for your Google subscription, we email you an invoice at the start of each month for your previous month’s payment. This invoice is for information only. No action is required on your part.
Details in the monthly email include the invoice number, your service account name, your billing ID, and instructions on how to view or update your billing information. Details also include:
- Bill To—The Business Address specified in the Billing profile section of your billing account
- Account ID—The primary domain name of your service account
- Description—The service and associated cost—for example, usage, commitment renewal, etc. Here are some examples:
- G Suite Basic: Usage of 2 seats—Indicates payment for 2 users of G Suite Basic on the Flexible Plan
- Domain Registration: Commitment renewal—Indicates annual renewal payment for domain registration
- Interval—The period of time during which the costs are incurred
- Quantity—The number associated with subscription—for example, 6 licenses, one domain registration annual commitment renewal, etc.
- Tax—The amount of sales tax charged, if applicable
- Amount—The actual cost incurred and paid
Download or print a monthly invoice
You can download an invoice as a PDF or CSV file. Print the PDF or import the information from the CSV into a spreadsheet program.
From the Admin console Home page, go to Billing.
Choose an option:
- Click your subscription.
- Click ActionsAccess billing account.
Under Transactions, look for your 2 most recent invoices:
- If they appear, then to print one:
- To the right of the invoice you want, click Download .
- Select PDF or CSV format.
- If they don’t, or to print an older invoice, select the option to view your transactions.
The last 3 months of transactions appear. The current month is at the top.
- If they appear, then to print one:
- (Optional) To search for a month that’s not displayed, from the list above your transactions, select a date range.
- Underneath the date range, to the right of Documents, click the Down arrow .
- Choose an option to download or print a CSV or PDF file:
- To the right of the date range, click Download or Print .
- In the Documents header, under CSV Invoice or PDF Invoice, click the file number.
Don’t see an invoice for a particular month? It might not be available yet. Each month’s invoice is available after the first day of the following month. For example, your April invoice is ready after May 1. Also, official PDF invoices may take up to a week to be available after CSV invoices. If your invoice isn’t available but you’ve made payments, you can always print a payment receipt.
Electronic invoices and VAT (European Union customers)
If your billing country is in the European Union (EU), your electronic invoices include:
- Your payments
- Our value-added tax (VAT) ID
- Your VAT ID (if you indicated it in your billing profile)
These invoices comply with the EU requirements of the VAT Directive (Article 226, Council Directive 2006/112/EC) and are valid for your local tax authorities. Contact your tax advisor or local government if you have questions.
Note: The Google European headquarters is located in Dublin (Google Ireland Ltd.). Customers with an EU billing address are billed and serviced according to Google Ireland Ltd. VAT won’t be included in your service costs if your business address is within the EU, but outside of Ireland. If this applies to you, you qualify to self-assess your VAT at your EU member state’s local rate.