Use CSV files with the data migration service
To make sure legacy information is correctly mapped to your new G Suite account using the data migration service, upload a comma-separated values (CSV) file so that you don't have to manually enter usernames and calendar resources every time you migrate data. It also allows you to migrate multiple users at the same time.
Follow these guidelines when you create the CSV file:
- Only include the legacy email address if it differs from the G Suite email address.
- Use the full email address (including domain).
- Include a password unless you are migrating from Gmail, Microsoft® Exchange, or Office 365™.
You can use a spreadsheet application, such as Google Sheets or Microsoft Excel®, or a text file to create the CSV file. Data in your CSV file is case-sensitive: make sure to use the correct case for emails, passwords, usernames, and resources.Formatting a text file
If you are using a text file, use the following format:
G Suite email address,Legacy email address,Legacy email password
G Suite calendar resource,Legacy calendar resource
If you are using a spreadsheet application, enter the information for each record on a separate line, using individual cells for the following information:
- G Suite email address
- Legacy email address
- Legacy email password
Don't include headers or use commas to separate the fields. Use line breaks to separate each entry.
If you're migrating multiple users or calendar events, you'll be prompted to upload 2 CSV files:
- A CSV file to map usernames and calendar events. This file is used to ensure that your legacy usernames and calendar resources map correctly to their new G Suite usernames and calendar resources.
- A CSV file of the users and calendar events you want to migrate. You can make a copy of the original CSV file and add any usernames that don't need to be mapped (for example, those users who will keep the same email address in your new G Suite domain or who have already been migrated).
Email migration (IMAP) for domain on old server to G Suite:
Calendar events migration to G Suite resources using Exchange Web Services (EWS):
Email migration from old server using Exchange Web Services (EWS) to G Suite (same domain on both servers):
- Sign in to the Google Admin console.
- Click Apps > G Suite > Calendar > Resources.
- Click the resource name to see its email address.