Turn additional Google services on or off
As an administrator of your organization's Google Accounts, you can control who uses the additional Google services that are available in your Google Admin console. Just turn the service on or off for those users. Users who have the service turned on can use it from their account.
Note: Some additional services don't have an individual On or Off control in the Admin console. You can turn these services on or off all at once. For details, see Manage access to services that aren't controlled individually.
Control who can use an additional Google service
Before you begin: To turn the service on or off for certain users: Put their accounts in an organizational unit (to control access by department) or put them in an access group (to control access for users across or within departments).
From the Admin console Home page, go to AppsAdditional Google services.
- Click the name of the service you want to turn on or off to open its settings page.
- Click Service status.
To turn on or off a service for everyone in your organization, click On for everyone or Off for everyone, and then click Save.
To turn on or off a service only for users in an organizational unit:
- At the left, select the organizational unit.
- Select On or Off.
- To keep the service turned on or off even when the service is turned on or off for the parent organizational unit, click Override.
- If the organization's status is already Overridden, choose an option:
- Inherit—Reverts to the same setting as its parent.
- Save—Saves your new setting (even if the parent setting changes).
Learn more about organizational structure.
To turn on a service for a set of users across or within organizational units, select an access group. For details, go to turn on a service for a group.
- Control who can access G Suite and Google services
- Opt in to new services (to turn new services on by default)
- G Suite for Education Core and Additional services