Update a user profile
The easiest way to update a user profile is in the Google Admin console. You can include profile information when you add a user. Or update a user profile as described below. If you turn on the global Directory, users can find each other's profiles in their Contact Manager or when typing in address fields.
What you can update
Here's the profile information you can update in the Admin console:
- Primary email address and display name. See Rename a user.
- Secondary email address: An address where the user can be reached outside your domain.
- Phone numbers and physical addresses
- Employee ID, employee type, and title
- Manager email, department, and cost center
Update a profile
- From the Admin console dashboard, go to Users.
- Click the user's name to open their account page.
- On the user's account page, click Account.
- Under Basic information, click Edit.
- (Optional) Update the user's display name or primary email address.
Before doing this, see Rename a user.
- (Optional) Click Additional Info to add or change a secondary email address, phone numbers, or physical addresses.
Tip: Click Add New for multiple entries. Open the menu at the right to add details such as Home or Work.
- (Optional) Click Next to enter employee details such as employee ID, title, department, and more.
- When you're done entering information, click Update User.
It might take up to 24 hours for your changes to appear in the global Directory.
For other ways to update user profiles, see: