Allow users to join a video call by telephone
To allow Hangouts users to invite people to a video call using a mobile or landline telephone number, Google Voice must be enabled in the Google Admin console.
When Google Voice is enabled, users can start a Hangouts video call and click Add Telephone. Phone participants can then participate in the discussion without being on camera.Enable Google Voice
To turn on Google Voice for your organization:
- Sign in to the Google Admin console.
- Click Apps and then Additional Google Services.
- On the Additional Google Services page, click to open your Filters. Then uncheck the Show top featured services box.
- Click the Google Voice service.
- Follow these steps to turn the service On/Off.