Important! Use this article to set up a new domain with Google Workspace. If you've been using Google Workspace with your domain for more than 3 days, your domain is already verified.
We don't want someone else to use your domain to sign up for Google Workspace. You can help us keep your domain safe by showing us that you are the owner.
How do I verify?
When you sign up for your Google service, you get a verification record that you copy and paste into your domain settings (usually stored with your domain host).
Need help with verification? Contact Google Workspace support for fast, personalized help that’s included with your Google Workspace subscription. Google Cloud support is available for customers with Silver, Gold, or Platinum support levels.
- In the Admin Console, on the Verify your domain and set up email page, click the link to open your domain host sign-in page in a new tab.
Note: If the Admin Console doesn’t provide a link to your domain host, click here to open the BigRock site in a new tab. The Admin Console remains open in the first tab.
- In the top corner of the BigRock.com site, click My Account.
- Enter the email address and password that you created when you purchased your domain from BigRock.com. Click Login.
- In the BigRock.com site, select the checkbox and click the domain name that you want to verify for your Google service. In this example, we'll use the domain td-bigrk.com, but you'll see your own domain name instead.
- Click Manage DNS in the DNS Management page.
You're now in the DNS managment control panel.
- Click TXT Records under the Manage Records section. Adding this TXT record won't affect your email or website.
- Click Add TXT Record in the List of TXT Records section.
- Paste the entire verification code into the Value field.
- Leave the Host Name field empty.
- In the TTL field, enter 7200.
- Click Add Record to save your new TXT record.
You'll see a confirmation message that let's you know that the TXT record has been added.
Note: The change may take up to several hours to update. However, as you go through the next steps in the Setup Wizard, the wizard immediately starts checking for your new TXT record to verify your domain.
Scroll to the bottom of the next page and click Verify my domain.
Important! It might take additional time for your registrar to publish the verification code. If the Google Workspace setup tool gives you an error message, wait an hour before you try again.
In extreme cases, it can take up to 48 hours for your registrar to publish your verification code.
- Return to the Google Workspace setup tool, where you can:
- Add other users to your account.
- Activate Gmail for your organization.
- Review the quick start guides to continue setting up Google Workspace for your organization.
Google, Google Workspace, and related marks and logos are trademarks of Google LLC. All other company and product names are trademarks of the companies with which they are associated.