Tip: For convenience, expand the steps in this article and print it to refer to as you go through the verification process.
After you verify that you own your domain, you can start using your Google service, such as G Suite, Drive Enterprise, or Cloud Identity. If you have G Suite, you can start using Gmail, Google Drive, and all the other services included with your G Suite account.
How do I verify?
When you sign up for your Google service, you get a verification record that you copy and paste into your domain settings (usually stored with your domain host).
Need help with verification? Contact G Suite support for fast, personalized help that’s included with your G Suite subscription. Google Cloud support is available for customers with Silver, Gold, or Platinum support levels.
If you already signed up for G Suite but didn't complete the setup process, you can pick up where you left off.
At the top of the Admin console Home page, click Click here to continue setting up the Admin Console.
Click Continue to verify your domain with a TXT record. You can also click Switch verification method if you need to use another method.
Click Copy to copy your unique verification record.
- In the Admin Console, on the Verify your domain and set up email page, click the link to open your domain host sign-in page in a new tab.
Note: If the Admin Console doesn’t provide a link to your domain host, click here to open the BigRock® site in a new tab. The Admin Console remains open in the first tab.
- In the top corner of the BigRock.com site, click My Account.
- Enter the email address and password that you created when you purchased your domain from BigRock.com. Click Login.
- In the BigRock.com site, select the checkbox and click the domain name that you want to verify for your Google service. In this example, we'll use the domain td-bigrk.com, but you'll see your own domain name instead.
- Click Manage DNS in the DNS Management page.
You're now in the DNS managment control panel.
- Click TXT Records under the Manage Records section. Adding this TXT record won't affect your email or website.
- Click Add TXT Record in the List of TXT Records section.
- Paste the entire verification code into the Value field.
- Leave the Host Name field empty.
- In the TTL field, enter 7200.
- Click Add Record to save your new TXT record.
You'll see a confirmation message that let's you know that the TXT record has been added.
Note: The change may take up to several hours to update. However, as you go through the next steps in the Setup Wizard, the wizard immediately starts checking for your new TXT record to verify your domain.
Return to the Admin console. If necessary, click the link at the top of the page to continue setting up the Admin console.
Navigate to the Verify your domain page.
Scroll to the bottom of the page and click Verify my domain.
G Suite: Next steps
Now it’s time to set up Gmail with your G Suite account.
- Keep the Admin console and your domain host pages open.
- In a separate browser tab or window, follow the instructions to set up Gmail (MX records) with your host.