Tip: For convenience, expand the steps in this article and print it to refer to as you go through the verification process.
After you verify that you own your domain, you can start using your Google service, such as Google Workspace, Essentials, or Cloud Identity. If you have Google Workspace, you can start using Gmail, Google Drive, and all the other services included with your account.
How do I verify?
When you sign up for your Google service, you get a verification record that you copy and paste into your domain settings (usually stored with your domain host).
Need help with verification? Contact Google Workspace support for fast, personalized help that’s included with your Google Workspace subscription. Google Cloud support is available for customers with Silver, Gold, or Platinum support levels.
If you already signed up for Google Workspace but didn't complete the setup process, you can pick up where you left off.
Open the setup tool and click Verify.
Click Continue to verify your domain with a TXT record. You can also click Switch verification method if you need to use another method.
Click Copy to copy your unique verification record.
- In the Admin Console, on the Verify your domain and set up email page, click the link to open your domain host sign-in page in a new tab.
Note: If the Admin Console doesn’t provide a link to your domain, click here to open the Netfirms® site in a new tab. The Admin Console remains open in the first tab.
- In the top of the Netifrms site, click Control Panel.
- Enter the username and password that you created when you purchased your domain from Nefirms. Click Log In.
- In the Netfirms site, click DomainCentral in the My Favorites section of the Control Panel.
- Click the domain name that you want to verify for your Google service. In this example, we'll use the domain td-netifrms.com, but you'll see your own domain name instead.
- In the DNS control panel, click DNS.
- Click the Modify drop-down list and select TXT/SPF Record. Adding this TXT record won't affect your email or website.
- Paste the entire verification code into the Content field.
- Click Add to save your new TXT record.
Your page will refresh and you'll see a green message to let you know that the TXT record has been added.
Note: The change may take up to 24 hours to update. However, as you go through the next steps in the Setup Wizard, the wizard immediately starts checking for your new TXT record to verify your domain.
Return to the setup tool in the Admin console and click Verify.
Click Continue, then scroll to the bottom of the next page. Click Verify my domain.
Google Workspace: Next steps
Now it’s time to set up Gmail with your Google Workspace account.
- Keep the Admin console and your domain host pages open.
- In a separate browser tab or window, follow the instructions to set up Gmail (MX records) with your host.