Site5: Verify your domain
Tip: For convenience, expand the steps in this article and print it to refer to as you go through the verification process.
After you verify that you own your domain, you can start using your Google service, such as G Suite, Drive Enterprise, or Cloud Identity. If you have G Suite, you can start using Gmail, Google Drive, and all the other services included with your G Suite account.
You get the verification record in the Setup Wizard when you sign up.
Not in the Setup Wizard? Go to Find the G Suite Setup Wizard to find the verification record. Copy your unique verification record, return to this article, and go to Step 2: Sign in to your domain host.
On the Verify your domain and set up email page, click Choose a different method and select Add a domain host record.
- From the Value/Answer/Destination field, copy the entire unique verification record.
Tip: If you need a CNAME record instead of a TXT record, in the Add a new TXT record to your domain step in the Setup Wizard, click add a CNAME record. You'll copy and paste both parts of this record into your domain's DNS records.
- In the Setup Wizard, on the Verify your domain and set up email page, click the link to open your domain host sign-in page in a new tab.
Note: If the Setup Wizard doesn’t provide a link to your domain, open the Site5® site in a new tab. Keep the Setup Wizard open in the first tab.
- In the Email Address field, enter the email address associated with your Site5 account.
- In the Password field, enter the password you created when you purchased your domain from Site5.
- Check the box to acknowledge the term and conditions.
- Click Login.
Note: You must have a Site5 hosting package to manage DNS records.
- From the My Account dashboard, click the Services tab and select My Services.
- In the My Products & Services table, click your hosting package.
- Scroll to the bottom of the Product Details page and click Login to cPanel.
- In the cPanel, under Domains, click Zone Editor.
- Click Manage.
- Click Add Record and from the list select Add TXT Record.
- In the Valid zone name field, enter your domain name (without the www.).
cPanel will add a period to the end of your domain name.
- In the TTL field, leave the default value.
- In the Record Text field, paste the entire verification record that you copied in step 1.
- Click Add Record.
- Return to the Setup Wizard.
- Check the I saved the verification record box or click Verify.
- If you’re a G Suite customer, go to Next steps to set up Gmail.
G Suite: Next steps
Now it’s time to set up Gmail with your G Suite account.
- Keep the Setup Wizard and your domain host pages open.
- In a separate browser tab or window, follow the instructions to set up Gmail (MX records) with your host.