Tip: For convenience, expand the steps in this article and print it to refer to as you go through the verification process.
After you verify that you own your domain, you can start using your Google service, such as G Suite, G Suite Essentials, or Cloud Identity. If you have G Suite, you can start using Gmail, Google Drive, and all the other services included with your G Suite account.
If you already signed up for G Suite but didn't complete the setup process, you can pick up where you left off.
Open the setup tool and click Verify.
Click Continue to verify your domain with a TXT record. You can also click Switch verification method if you need to use another method.
Click Copy to copy your unique verification record.
- In the Admin Console, on the Verify your domain and set up email page, click the link to open your domain host sign-in page in a new tab.
Note: If the Admin Console doesn’t provide a link to your domain, open the Site5® site in a new tab. Keep the Admin Console open in the first tab.
- In the Email Address field, enter the email address associated with your Site5 account.
- In the Password field, enter the password you created when you purchased your domain from Site5.
- Check the box to acknowledge the term and conditions.
- Click Login.
Note: You must have a Site5 hosting package to manage DNS records.
- From the My Account dashboard, click the Services tab and select My Services.
- In the My Products & Services table, click your hosting package.
- Scroll to the bottom of the Product Details page and click Login to cPanel.
- In the cPanel, under Domains, click Zone Editor.
- Click Manage.
- Click Add Record and from the list select Add TXT Record.
- In the Valid zone name field, enter your domain name (without the www.).
cPanel will add a period to the end of your domain name.
- In the TTL field, leave the default value.
- In the Record Text field, paste the entire verification record that you copied in step 1.
- Click Add Record.
Return to the setup tool in the Admin console and click Verify.
Click Continue, then scroll to the bottom of the next page. Click Verify my domain.
G Suite: Next steps
Now it’s time to set up Gmail with your G Suite account.
- Keep the Admin console and your domain host pages open.
- In a separate browser tab or window, follow the instructions to set up Gmail (MX records) with your host.