One.com: Verify your domain
Tip: For convenience, expand the steps in this article and print it to refer to as you go through the verification process.
After you verify that you own your domain, you can start using your Google service such as G Suite or Cloud Identity. If you have G Suite, you can start using Gmail, Google Drive, and all the other services included with your G Suite account.
How do I verify?
When you sign up for G Suite, you get a verification record that you copy and paste into your domain settings.
Need help with verification? Contact G Suite support for fast, free, personalized help.
When you initially sign up for G Suite, Google provides the verification record in the G Suite Setup Wizard (on the Verify your domain and set up email page).
If you need to verify your domain and you’re not already in the Setup Wizard, go to Find the G Suite verification record for information on how to enter a G Suite verification Setup Wizard. Select TXT as your verification method in the wizard and then return to this article. Move on to the second Begin setup step and log into your domain host website.
- On the Verify your domain and set up email page, click Choose a different method and select Add a domain host record.
- Click the link in the wizard to open your domain host sign-in page in a new tab.
Note: If the wizard doesn’t provide a link to your domain, click here to open the One.com site in a new tab. The Setup Wizard remains open in the first tab.
- On the top of the One.com site, click Control Panel Login.
- Enter the email address and password that you created when you purchased your domain from One.com. Click Log in.
Click through the Setup Wizard steps until you see the verification record.
The record looks like this:
google-site-verification=followed by a unique string of text and numbers.
- Copy the verification record (including the entire string of text and numbers).
- In the One.com control panel, click DNS.
- Select Web DNS in the menu.
- Select TXT from the Type drop-down menu to create a new record. Adding this TXT record won't affect your email or website.
- In the One.com site, paste the entire verification code into the Value field.
- Leave the other fields empty.
- To the right of your new TXT record, click the green Properties button.
Your page will refresh, and the Properties button will turn red.
Note: The change may take up to 90 minutes to update. However, as you go through the next steps in the G Suite Setup Wizard, the wizard immediately starts checking for your new TXT record to verify your domain.
- Return to the G Suite Setup Wizard in the first browser tab.
- Check the I saved the TXT verification record box and go to Next steps.
Now it’s time to set up Gmail with your G Suite account.
- Keep the Setup Wizard and your domain host website open.
- In a separate browser tab or window, open the instructions for setting up Gmail with your host.
- Follow the instructions to set up your MX records for mail delivery to Gmail.