We don't want someone else to use your domain to sign up for Google Workspace. You can help us keep your domain safe by showing us that you are the owner.
How do I verify?
When you sign up for your Google service, you get a verification record that you copy and paste into your domain settings (usually stored with your domain host).
Need help with verification? Contact Google Workspace support for fast, personalized help that’s included with your Google Workspace subscription. Google Cloud support is available for customers with Silver, Gold, or Platinum support levels.
- In the Admin Console, on the Verify your domain and set up email page, click the link to open your domain host sign-in page in a new tab.
Note: If the Admin Console doesn’t provide a link to your domain, click here to open the Afrihost site in a new tab. The Admin Console remains open in the first tab.
- Click Client Zone at the top of the page to sign in to Afrihost. Enter your username and password and click Login.
If you don’t know your username and password, you can click Forgot Password to have your password emailed to you or contact Afrihost support.
- Go back to the Afrihost site tab you opened earlier in step 1.3.
- In the ClientZone, click Hosting from the toolbar.
You must have a hosting plan with Afrihost to make changes to your DNS settings. If you don't have access to some of the settings described below, contact Afrihost Support.
- In the My Hosting page, under Shared Hosting, click the domain name that you want to verify for Google Workspace. In this example, we'll use the domain td-ah.com, but you'll see your own domain name instead.
- Click Hosting Settings.
- In the Hosting Settings section, click DNS Editor.
You're now in the Afrihost DNS control panel.
- Click Create New Record. Adding this TXT record won't affect your email or website.
- Paste the entire verification code into the Content field.
- From the Type drop-down list, click TXT.
- The Record field will automatically show the name of your domain. Leave the Priority (MX) field blank. In the TTL field, enter 3600.
- Click Create to save your new TXT record.
Your page will refresh, and you’ll see a green Success confirmation message to let you know that the TXT record has been added. Click Ok.
Note: The change may take up to several hours to update. However, as you go through the next steps in the Google Workspace Setup Wizard, the wizard immediately starts checking for your new TXT record to verify your domain.
Scroll to the bottom of the next page and click Verify my domain.
Important! It might take additional time for your registrar to publish the verification code. If the Google Workspace setup tool gives you an error message, wait an hour before you try again.
In extreme cases, it can take up to 48 hours for your registrar to publish your verification code.
- Return to the Google Workspace setup tool, where you can:
- Add other users to your account.
- Activate Gmail for your organization.
- Review the quick start guides to continue setting up Google Workspace for your organization.
Google, Google Workspace, and related marks and logos are trademarks of Google LLC. All other company and product names are trademarks of the companies with which they are associated.