Imena: Verify your domain
Tip: For convenience, expand the steps in this article and print it to refer to as you go through the verification process.
After you verify that you own your domain, you can start using your Google service, such as G Suite, Drive Enterprise, or Cloud Identity. If you have G Suite, you can start using Gmail, Google Drive, and all the other services included with your G Suite account.
How do I verify?
When you sign up for your Google service, you get a verification record that you copy and paste into your domain settings (usually stored with your domain host).
Need help with verification? Contact G Suite support for fast, personalized help that’s included with your G Suite subscription. Google Cloud support is available for customers with Silver, Gold, or Platinum support levels.
You get the verification record in the Setup Wizard when you sign up.
Not in the Setup Wizard? Go to Find the G Suite Setup Wizard to find the verification record. Copy your unique verification record, return to this article, and go to Step 2: Sign in to your domain host.
On the Verify your domain and set up email page, click Choose a different method and select Add a domain host record.
- From the Value/Answer/Destination field, copy the entire unique verification record.
Tip: If you need a CNAME record instead of a TXT record, in the Add a new TXT record to your domain step in the Setup Wizard, click add a CNAME record. You'll copy and paste both parts of this record into your domain's DNS records.
- In the Setup Wizard, on the Verify your domain and set up email page, click the link to open your domain host sign-in page in a new tab.
Note: If the Setup Wizard doesn’t provide a link to your domain, open the Imena® site in a new tab. Keep the Setup Wizard open in the first tab.
- On the homepage of the Imena site, in the upper right, click Login (Вход).
- From the list, select Imena Login (Вход Imena).
- Under Login to Control Panel (Вход в контрольную панель), enter the login or email address and password you created when you purchased your domain from Imena.
- Click Login (войти).
It might be possible for your domain host's support team to add the verification record for you. See an example request.
- Next to the domain you want to verify for your Google service, click Managing domain.
You might see a temporary Managing Domains page before being taken to your domain settings.
- In the Domain settings section, click Go to manage domain.
You will be taken to the DNShosting.org site where you can access your Imena.UA control panel.
- Scroll down to the next empty field in the DNS panel, and from the Type (тип) list select TXT.
Adding this TXT record won't affect your email or website.
- In the Data (дані) field, paste the entire verification record that you copied in step 1.
- In the Host, subdomain (хост [субдомен]) field, enter @.
- Click Save (36epeГТИ) to save your new TXT record.
- Confirm the addition of the TXT record by clicking OK (Tak).
A confirmation message will briefly appear to let you know that the TXT record has been added.
Note: The change may take up to several hours to update. However, as you go through the next steps in the Google Setup Wizard, the wizard immediately starts checking for your new TXT record to verify your domain.
- Return to the Setup Wizard.
- Check the I saved the verification record box or click Verify.
- If you’re a G Suite customer, go to Next steps to set up Gmail.
G Suite: Next steps
Now it’s time to set up Gmail with your G Suite account.
- Keep the Setup Wizard and your domain host pages open.
- In a separate browser tab or window, follow the instructions to set up Gmail (MX records) with your host.