Just Host: Verify your domain
Tip: For convenience, expand the steps in this article and print it to refer to as you go through the verification process.
After you verify that you own your domain, you can start using your Google service, such as G Suite or Cloud Identity. If you have G Suite, you can start using Gmail, Google Drive, and all the other services included with your G Suite account.
How do I verify?
When you sign up for your Google service, you get a verification record that you copy and paste into your domain settings (usually stored with your domain host).
Need help with verification? Contact support for fast, personalized help that’s included with your G Suite subscription. Google Cloud support is available for customers with Silver, Gold, or Platinum support levels.
You get the verification record in the Setup Wizard when you sign up.
Not in the Setup Wizard? Go to Find the G Suite Setup Wizard to find the verification record. Copy your unique verification record, return to this article, and go to Step 2: Sign into your domain host.
On the Verify your domain and set up email page, click Choose a different method and select Add a domain host record.
- From the Value/Answer/Destination field, copy the entire unique verification record.
- In the Setup Wizard, on the Verify your domain and set up email page, click the link to open your domain host sign-in page in a new tab.
Note: If the Setup Wizard doesn’t provide a link to your domain, click here to open the Just Host® site in a new tab. The Setup Wizard remains open in the first tab.
- In the top corner of the Just Host site, click Login.
- Under Hosting Login enter your username and password that you created when you purchased your domain from Just Host. Click Submit.
- In the Just Host site, go to hosting and click the cpanel option.
- Scroll down to the domains section and click DNS Zone Editor.
- In the DNS Zone Editor section, select your domain from the drop-down list. In this example, we'll use the domain td-justhost.com, but you'll see your own domain name instead.
- From the Type drop-down list, select TXT.
- Under the Add DNS Record section, paste the entire verification record into the TXT Value field.
- In the Host Record field, type @. Leave the default value of 14400 in the TTL field.
- Click add record to save your new TXT record.
Your page will refresh, and you’ll see a red Successfully added records message to let you know that the TXT record has been added.
Note: The change may take up to 4 hours to update. However, as you go through the next steps in the Google Setup Wizard, the wizard immediately starts checking for your new TXT record to verify your domain.
- Return to the Setup Wizard.
- Check the I saved the TXT verification record box or click Verify.
- If you’re a G Suite customer, go to Next steps to set up Gmail.
G Suite: Next steps
Now it’s time to set up Gmail with your G Suite account.
- Keep the Setup Wizard and your domain host pages open.
- In a separate browser tab or window, follow the instructions to set up Gmail (MX records) with your host.