If you're unable to configure and run Google Cloud Directory Sync (GCDS), first try to resolve the problem yourself:
- Use Configuration Manager to create, test, and run a synchronization. Learn more
- Use the Help Center to troubleshoot common GCDS issues. Learn more
Prepare to contact support
If the problem persists, collect the following information before you contact support for help.
1. GCDS version
Before you contact support, make sure you're running the latest version of GCDS. In many cases, the issue is solved in a newer version. For details on the latest version, see Google Cloud Directory Sync release notes.
To find your version number, take one of the following steps:
- Open Configuration Manager and go to HelpAbout.
- Run the sync-cmd -V command.
2. A description of the issue & affected entities
What do you want to occur? What is occurring? What types of data are affected?
- We expected the user Alex (firstname.lastname@example.org) to be unmodified, but GCDS deleted that user.
- We expected GCDS to set the home address of email@example.com to 1800 Amphibious Blvd, Mountain View, CA 94045, but GCDS instead set it to California.
3. LDAP Data Interchange Format (LDIF) dump
If the issue affects specific objects, include an attribute export and, if necessary, attribute data for an affected object. If you're using Microsoft Active Directory, you can export this data using the LDIFDE command. For details, see How do I export data from the LDAP directory?
4. Current XML config file
Report your current XML configuration file. The default name of this file is Untitled-1.xml and it is in the GCDS user's profile folder (Windows) or homedir (Linux).
5. LDAP server & OS details
- Include the LDAP directory server brand and version you're using.
- Let us know the operating system of the machine where GCDS is running.
To enable trace-level logging:
- On the Logging page of Configuration Manager, change Log Level to TRACE.
- Change the log file name to a different name, so a new log file is created in the next sync. This ensures that older, irrelevant syncs are not included.
- In Configuration Manager, open the Sync page.
- If the issue only occurs when running a:
- Simulation—Click Simulate sync.
- Full sync—Click Sync & apply changes.
Google, Google Workspace, and related marks and logos are trademarks of Google LLC. All other company and product names are trademarks of the companies with which they are associated.