Important! Use this article to set up a new domain with Google Workspace. If you've been using Google Workspace with your domain for more than 3 days, your domain is already verified.
We don't want someone else to use your domain to sign up for Google Workspace. You can help us keep your domain safe by showing us that you are the owner.
How do I verify?
When you sign up for your Google service, you get a verification record that you copy and paste into your domain settings (usually stored with your domain host).
Need help with verification? Contact Google Workspace support for fast, personalized help that’s included with your Google Workspace subscription. Google Cloud support is available for customers with Silver, Gold, or Platinum support levels.
- In the Admin Console, on the Verify your domain and set up email page, click the link to open your domain host sign-in page in a new tab.
Note: If the Admin Console doesn’t provide a link to your domain, click here to open the HostMonster® site in a new tab. The Admin Console remains open in the first tab.
- At the top of the HostMonster site, click Control Panel Login.
- Enter the domain or username and password that you created when you purchased your domain from HostMonster, and click Submit.
- In the HostMonster site, click the Domains tab and then click Zone Editor.
- In the DNS Zone Editor, select your domain from the drop-down list.
In this example, we'll use the domain td-hm.com, but you'll see your own domain name instead.
- From the Type drop-down list, select TXT. Adding this TXT record won't affect your email or website.
- In the HostMonster site, paste the code in the Points To field.
- In the Host Record field, enter the @ symbol.
- In the TTL field, enter 14400 (minimum number of seconds accepted).
- Click Add Record to save your new TXT record.
You'll see a green Successfully added records confirmation message to let you know that the TXT record has been added.
Note: The change may take up to 4 hours for this change to take effect. However, as you go through the next steps in the Google Setup Wizard, the wizard immediately starts checking for your new TXT record to verify your domain.
Scroll to the bottom of the next page and click Verify my domain.
Important! It might take additional time for your registrar to publish the verification code. If the Google Workspace setup tool gives you an error message, wait an hour before you try again.
In extreme cases, it can take up to 48 hours for your registrar to publish your verification code.
- Return to the Google Workspace setup tool, where you can:
- Add other users to your account.
- Activate Gmail for your organization.
- Review the quick start guides to continue setting up Google Workspace for your organization.