Tip: For convenience, expand the steps in this article and print it to refer to as you go through the verification process.
After you verify that you own your domain, you can start using your Google service, such as G Suite, G Suite Essentials, or Cloud Identity. If you have G Suite, you can start using Gmail, Google Drive, and all the other services included with your G Suite account.
How do I verify?
When you sign up for your Google service, you get a verification record that you copy and paste into your domain settings (usually stored with your domain host).
Need help with verification? Contact G Suite support for fast, personalized help that’s included with your G Suite subscription. Google Cloud support is available for customers with Silver, Gold, or Platinum support levels.
If you already signed up for G Suite but didn't complete the setup process, you can pick up where you left off.
At the top of the Admin console Home page, click Click here to continue setting up the Admin Console.
Click Continue to verify your domain with a TXT record. You can also click Switch verification method if you need to use another method.
Click Copy to copy your unique verification record.
- In the Admin Console, on the Verify your domain and set up email page, click the link to open your domain host sign-in page in a new tab.
Note: If the Admin Console doesn’t provide a link to your domain, click here to open the Netregistry® site in a new tab. The Admin Console remains open in the first tab.
- In the top of the Netregistry site, click Login.
- Enter your account reference and the password that you created when you purchased your domain from Netregistry, and click Log in.
- In the Netregistry site, under Overview in the Manage your domains section, select Edit DNS.
You're now in the Netregistry control panel.
- Click Zone Manager beneath the domain name you want to verify for your Google service. In this example, we'll use the domain td-netreg.com, but you'll see your own domain name instead.
- Scroll down to the Add a zone record in the Zone management section. From the drop-down list, select TXT Record.
- Click Create New Record. Adding this TXT record won't affect your email or website.
- Paste the entire verification code in the TXT field. Add double-quotation speech marks (") at the beginning and the end of the record.
If you forget to add the quotation marks, you'll see a pink reminder message.
- Leave the Name field empty, and the TTL (SEC) field at the default value of 3600
- Click Add Record to save your new Txt record. A confirmation message will let you know that the TXT record has been added.
Note: The change may take up to several hours to update. However, as you go through the next steps in the Setup Wizard, the wizard immediately starts checking for your new TXT record to verify your domain.
Return to the Admin console. If necessary, click the link at the top of the page to continue setting up the Admin console.
Navigate to the Verify your domain page.
Scroll to the bottom of the page and click Verify my domain.
G Suite: Next steps
Now it’s time to set up Gmail with your G Suite account.
- Keep the Admin console and your domain host pages open.
- In a separate browser tab or window, follow the instructions to set up Gmail (MX records) with your host.