Tip: For convenience, expand the steps in this article and print it to refer to as you go through the verification process.
After you verify that you own your domain, you can start using your Google service, such as G Suite, G Suite Essentials, or Cloud Identity. If you have G Suite, you can start using Gmail, Google Drive, and all the other services included with your G Suite account.
How do I verify?
When you sign up for your Google service, you get a verification record that you copy and paste into your domain settings (usually stored with your domain host).
Need help with verification? Contact G Suite support for fast, personalized help that’s included with your G Suite subscription. Google Cloud support is available for customers with Silver, Gold, or Platinum support levels.
If you already signed up for G Suite but didn't complete the setup process, you can pick up where you left off.
Open the setup tool and click Verify.
Click Continue to verify your domain with a TXT record. You can also click Switch verification method if you need to use another method.
Click Copy to copy your unique verification record.
- In the Admin Console, on the Verify your domain and set up email page, click the link to open your domain host sign-in page in a new tab.
Note: If the Admin Console doesn’t provide a link to your domain, click here to open the Media Temple.net® site in a new tab. The Admin Console remains open in the first tab.
- In Media Temple site, click Login.
- Enter the email address and password you created when you purchased your domain from Media Temple, and click Login.
- In the Media Temple site, click Admin in the Services section for the domain name you want to verify for your Google service. In this example, we'll use the domain your-company.com, but you'll see your own domain name instead.
You're now in the Media Temple control panel.
- Click Edit DNS Zone File in the DNS & Zone Files section.
- Click Add Row to create a new TXT record form. Adding this TXT record won't affect your email or website.
- Leave the Name field empty.
- From the Type drop-down list, click TXT.
- Paste the entire verification code into the Data field.
- Click Save Changes to save your new TXT record. A confirmation message will appear.
- Click OK.
Note: It can take up to 48 hours for this change to take effect. However, as you go through the next steps in the Setup Wizard, the wizard immediately starts checking for your new TXT record to verify your domain.
Return to the setup tool in the Admin console and click Verify.
Click Continue, then scroll to the bottom of the next page. Click Verify my domain.
G Suite: Next steps
Now it’s time to set up Gmail with your G Suite account.
- Keep the Admin console and your domain host pages open.
- In a separate browser tab or window, follow the instructions to set up Gmail (MX records) with your host.