Important: If you purchased your domain from Google when you signed up for G Suite, you don’t need to set up Gmail. You can start using it now. If you’re signed in to your G Suite account, in the top right, click the App Launcher Gmail .
You’re now ready to set up Gmail as your business email for your domain (and, if you haven’t already, verify your domain).
To do this, you need to sign in to your domain host and direct the email for your domain to the G Suite servers. It’s like registering your new address with the post office when you move so that your mail gets delivered to the right place. We’ll walk you through the steps.
Before you begin
- Verify that you own your domain.
Or, you can verify now with an MX record. We’ll show you how while you're setting up the MX records.
- Create user accounts in G Suite for your team.
If your team members already use email with your domain (their email address ends with your domain), you have to create their user accounts in G Suite before you change any MX record settings. Otherwise, they won't be able to send or receive messages with their business address in Gmail.
Change your MX records to start using G Suite
- Leave the Admin Console open.
- Open a new browser window and go to the Wix® site.
- On the Wix Log In page, enter your email address and password that you created when you opened your Wix account.
- Click Log In.
If you don’t know your username and password, click Forgot Password? to reset your password or contact Wix support.
- In the top right, beside your username, click the Down arrow .
- Click Domains.
- Next to the domain you want to verify, click the Down arrow .
- Click the Mailboxes tab.
Important: Don't do these steps until you have verified your domain by adding a verification record.
- From the Mailboxes tab, click Configure your MX records.
The Set Up Your Mailbox (MX Records) pop-up appears.
- From the Your Email Provider list, select G Suite.
The G Suite MX records populate the window.
- Click OK.
The G Suite MX records are automatically set up for your domain.
Open the Admin Console. If necessary, click the link at the top of the page to continue setting up the Admin Console.
Navigate to the Activate Gmail page.
Scroll to the bottom of the page and click Activate Gmail.
Congratulations! Your business email for your domain is now directed to the G Suite mail servers.
- The records can take several hours to update, so you might not immediately get new email messages in Gmail. Until then, you'll continue to receive messages at your old email provider.
- If you see the MX records setup validation in progress message in the Admin console for more than a few hours, make sure you entered the MX address records and priorities correctly in the DNS records stored with your host.
- If you still need help changing your MX records, contact G Suite support.