Wix: Verify your domain
Tip: For convenience, expand the steps in this article and print it to refer to as you go through the verification process.
After you verify that you own your domain, you can start using your Google service, such as G Suite or Cloud Identity. If you have G Suite, you can start using Gmail, Google Drive, and all the other services included with your G Suite account.
How do I verify?
Google gives you a TXT record that you add to your domain's DNS settings. Your website isn't affected.
Need help with verification? Contact Google Support for fast, free, personalized help.
Step 1: Get your TXT record
- On the Admin console Home page, click Setup to open the G Suite Setup Wizard.
- Click Verify now, then Begin Verification.
- Select Wix from the domain name provider menu.
- Copy the TXT record shown.
Leave the verification wizard open, you’ll return here after adding the TXT record to your DNS settings at Wix.
Step 2: Add the TXT record to your domain's DNS settings
- Click here to open the Wix® site in a new tab.
- Sign in to Wix.
If you don’t know your username and password, click Forgot Password? to reset your password or contact Wix support.
- In the Wix window, go to the My Domains page.
Note: If you have more than one domain in your account, select the relevant domain.
- Click the Advanced tab.
- Click Edit DNS.
- Scroll down to the TXT (Text) section.
- Click Add another or select the TXT value field of an existing TXT record.
- Paste the TXT record you copied from the Setup wizard in Step 1 above.
- Click Save DNS.
Step 3: Tell Google to verify
- Return to the tab where the Setup Wizard is open.
- Click Verify.
G Suite: Next steps
Now it’s time to set up Gmail with your G Suite account.
- Keep the Setup Wizard and your domain host pages open.
- In a separate browser tab or window, follow the instructions to set up Gmail (MX records) with your host.