Wix: Verify your domain
Tip: For convenience, expand the steps in this article and print it to refer to as you go through the verification process.
After you verify that you own your domain, you can start using your Google service, such as G Suite or Cloud Identity. If you have G Suite, you can start using Gmail, Google Drive, and all the other services included with your G Suite account.
How do I verify?
Google gives you a verification record that you copy and paste into your web site header. Your website isn't affected.
Need help with verification? Contact Google Support for fast, free, personalized help.
- Choose Meta tag as the verification method.
- Copy the entire Meta tag.
- Click the link in the wizard to open your domain host sign-in page in a new tab.
Note: If the wizard doesn’t provide a link to your domain, click here to open the Wix® site in a new tab. The Setup Wizard remains open in the first tab.
- Sign in to Wix.
If you don’t know your username and password, click Forgot Password? to reset your password or contact Wix support.
- In the Setup Wizard, copy the entire record in the Meta tag field.
The record looks like this:
<meta name="google-site-verification" content="a unique string of text and numbers">
- In the Wix window, click Manage Site for the domain you're verifying.
- Click Edit Site. The Wix Editor for your site opens.
- From the Site menu, click Site Manager. The Site Settings pop-up opens.
- Click SEO from the left column menu.
- Scroll down to More SEO Settings and paste the entire verification record in the Header Code - Meta Tags field. Adding this record won't affect your website.
- Close the Site Settings pop-up.
- Click Publish.
- Return to the Setup Wizard.
- Confirm that you saved the verification record.
G Suite: Next steps
Now it’s time to set up Gmail with your G Suite account.
- Keep the Setup Wizard and your domain host pages open.
- In a separate browser tab or window, follow the instructions to set up Gmail (MX records) with your host.