Tip: For convenience, expand the steps in this article and print it to refer to as you go through the verification process.
After you verify that you own your domain, you can start using your Google service, such as G Suite, G Suite Essentials, or Cloud Identity. If you have G Suite, you can start using Gmail, Google Drive, and all the other services included with your G Suite account.
How to verify
If you already signed up for G Suite but didn't complete the setup process, you can pick up where you left off.
Open the setup tool and click Verify.
Click Continue to verify your domain with a TXT record. You can also click Switch verification method if you need to use another method.
- Click Copy to copy your unique verification record.
- Leave the Google Admin console open.
- Open a new browser window or tab and go to the Dreamhost® site.
- Enter the email address and password you created when you purchased your domain from Dreamhost.
- Click Sign in.
- On the left, click Domains Manage Domains.
- Scroll down the screen until you see the domain that you want to verify with your Google service.
- Under the domain name, click DNS to view the settings for your domain.
Note: If you see a warning message about changing your DNS settings, disregard it. Adding the verification record won’t damage your website or DNS settings.
- Scroll down to the Add a custom DNS record section.
- Open the instructions for the type of verification record you want to add to your domain’s DNS records. Add a TXT verification record (most common)
- Leave the Name field empty.
- Click the Type drop-down list and select TXT.
- In the Value field, paste the entire verification record that you copied in step 1.
- Click Add Record Now.
- In the Name field, enter the contents of the Admin console's setup instructions Label / Host field from step 1.
- Click the Type drop-down list and select CNAME.
- In the Value field, enter the contents of the Admin console's setup instructions Destination / Target field from step 1.
- Click Add Record Now.
Return to the setup tool in the Admin console and click Verify.
Click Continue, then scroll to the bottom of the next page. Click Verify my domain.
G Suite: Next steps
Now it’s time to set up Gmail with your G Suite account.
- Keep the Admin console and your domain host pages open.
- In a separate browser tab or window, follow the instructions to set up Gmail (MX records) with your host.