Important! Use this article to set up a new domain with Google Workspace. If you've been using Google Workspace with your domain for more than 3 days, your domain is already verified.
We don't want someone else to use your domain to sign up for Google Workspace. You can help us keep your domain safe by showing us that you are the owner.
How to verify
If you already signed up for Google Workspace but didn't complete the setup process, you can pick up where you left off.
Open the setup tool and click Verify.
Click Continue to verify your domain with a TXT record. You can also click Switch verification method if you need to use another method.
- Click Copy to copy your unique verification record.
- Leave the Google Admin console open.
- Open a new browser window or tab and go to the Dreamhost site.
- Enter the email address and password you created when you purchased your domain from Dreamhost.
- Click Sign in.
- On the left, click Domains Manage Domains.
- Scroll down the screen until you see the domain that you want to verify with your Google service.
- Under the domain name, click DNS to view the settings for your domain.
Note: If you see a warning message about changing your DNS settings, disregard it. Adding the verification record won’t damage your website or DNS settings.
- Scroll down to the Add a custom DNS record section.
- Open the instructions for the type of verification record you want to add to your domain’s DNS records. Add a TXT verification record (most common)
- Leave the Name field empty.
- Click the Type drop-down list and select TXT.
- In the Value field, paste the entire verification record that you copied in step 1.
- Click Add Record Now.
- In the Name field, enter the contents of the Admin console's setup instructions Label / Host field from step 1.
- Click the Type drop-down list and select CNAME.
- In the Value field, enter the contents of the Admin console's setup instructions Destination / Target field from step 1.
- Click Add Record Now.
Scroll to the bottom of the next page and click Verify my domain.
Important! It might take additional time for your registrar to publish the verification code. If the Google Workspace setup tool gives you an error message, wait an hour before you try again.
In extreme cases, it can take up to 48 hours for your registrar to publish your verification code.
- Return to the Google Workspace setup tool, where you can:
- Add other users to your account.
- Activate Gmail for your organization.
- Review the quick start guides to continue setting up Google Workspace for your organization.
Google, Google Workspace, and related marks and logos are trademarks of Google LLC. All other company and product names are trademarks of the companies with which they are associated.