Viewing Exchange free/busy calendar data in Google Calendar
Once you've entered your Exchange server credentials into your Admin console, your G Suite users will see the option to Refresh all in the Find a time feature of Google Calendar. Clicking Refresh all will prompt Google to query your Exchange server for the free/busy calendar data of all users invited to a particular event. If Google realizes that one of the invited users is not a G Suite user, it will query the Exchange server for that user's calendar data.
How often does Google query my Exchange server for calendar data?
Google queries your Exchange server whenever a Google Calendar user in your domain clicks Refresh all in the Find a time feature of Google Calendar. Because the query is made on demand, any Exchange calendar data that appears in Google Calendar will be up-to-date.
Viewing Exchange f/b data in Google Calendar, step-by-step
Please read configuring classic Calendar Interop if you're looking for complete classic Calendar Interop configuration instructions. The instructions below only cover viewing Exchange f/b data in Google Calendar.
- Login to your Admin console and navigate to G Suite > Calendar > Calendar interop management
- Add your Exchange Web Services URL and the username/password of your Exchange Role Account
- Check the Enable Server Version of Free Busy Sync box
- Click Save changes
- Login to Google Calendar
- Create a new event and add an Exchange user as a guest
- Click Find a time and then click Refresh all to prompt Google to query your Exchange server for free/busy data