To set up the HCL Domino environment for Google Calendar Resource Sync (GCRS) follow these steps.
You're on step 2 of 5
Step 1: Identify a host Domino server
Notes resource bookings are held in the Domino Resource Reservations database. You can install GCRS on the server that hosts the Resource Reservations database or on a dedicated server in your domain.
Where possible, you should install GCRS on a dedicated server but the choice depends on the size of your environment and the number of resources you want to synchronize.
Step 2: Copy the GCRS templates
Using the Domino Administrator client, copy the Notes gcrs.ntf and gcrs-log.ntf templates from the distribution kit to the GCRS server and sign the templates with the server ID.
Step 3: Register the service account DLL (Optional)
Complete this step if you are using a service account to access your Google Workspace Calendar resources. This isn't required if you are using 3-legged OAuth as your authorization method.
Copy the appropriate service account DLL file service_account_com_dll.dll from your installation kit to the Domino program folder on your GCRS server (usually x:\Lotus\Domino, but the location can vary depending on your server’s set up).
If you're running a 32 bit version of Domino, copy the DLL file from the service account DLL Win32 folder. If you are running a 64 bit version of Domino, copy the file from the service account DLL x64 folder.
Register the DLL:
- Start a command prompt in elevated mode. To do this, right click over the command prompt icon in the Windows Start menu, and select Run as administrator.
- Ensure you are in the correct folder. Move to C:\Windows\System32 for 32 bit Domino, or C:\Windows\SysWoW64 for 64 bit Domino.
- Enter the following command: regsvr32.exe c:\Lotus\Domino\service_account_com_dll.dll
where c:\Lotus\Domino is your Domino program folder.
Step 4: Increase concurrent agents execution times
Edit the GCRS server document in the Domino directory to increase the number of concurrent agents and maximum agent execution times:
- In Server Tasks, click Agent Manager.
- Increase the max concurrent agents value by 1.
- Increase max LotusScript/Java execution times on the GCRS server.
The amount of time depends on the server load and the number of resources you plan to synchronize. Start by increasing both the daytime and nighttime parameters to 60 minutes. You can increase the values later, if needed.
Step 5: Add to the trusted server and remote console lists
This step is only necessary if GCRS is installed on a dedicated server.
A dedicated GCRS server must have trusted server and remote console access to the server that hosts the Resource Reservations database.
- In the Domino directory, locate the server document for the server hosting the Resource Reservations database.
- Click Security and add the name of the GCRS server to:
- Full Remote Console Administrator
- Trusted servers.
- Save the server document.
Google, Google Workspace, and related marks and logos are trademarks of Google LLC. All other company and product names are trademarks of the companies with which they are associated.