School Directory Sync System requirements
To synchronize school information with Google School Directory Sync (SDS), your system must meet certain G Suite for Education, server, and network requirements.
Requirements and expertiseG Suite for Education requirements
- A server to run SDS with one of these operating systems:
- Microsoft® Windows® (Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10, Windows Server 2008, 2012, or 2016).
- Linux®—If you’re using a 32-bit version of SDS on a 64-bit Linux system, a 32-bit libc (such as libc6-i386) must be installed.
- At least 256 MB of free RAM.
- Less than 10,000 users? We recommend that you allocate at least 1 GB of free RAM.
- More than 10,000 users? Allocate at least 2 GB of free RAM.
- More than 250,000 users? Further tuning may be needed.
- At least 5 GB of disk space for log files and data. If you're running the DEBUG or INFO level of logging, you might need more free space for additional log data.
- The CSV files must be located on the same server as SDS.
- Network access to your G Suite for Education domain through HTTPS or through a proxy server with ports 80 and 443.
- For best results, use a network connection to G Suite for Education with no proxies or firewalls.
- A mail server capable of accepting and relaying notifications from SDS.
- Access to SSL Certificate Authorities for your network.
Depending on your configuration, you need:
- An administrator for G Suite for Education and Classroom who can work in the Admin console.
- A network administrator who knows about security settings for internal and outbound traffic.
- Experience managing mail servers.
- Knowledge of your school information systems.