You create comma-separated values (CSV) files so you can synchronize data from your school information system to Classroom and G Suite for Education. When you set up your sync, you’ll enter a link from Google School Directory Sync (SDS) to the CSV files.
CSV file format
- You name and format the files according to IMS OneRoster v1.0 specifications. You must keep all the files in the same directory as SDS.
- The OneRoster standard includes 7 files, but only 5 are required for SDS.
- The files must have these exact names for SDS to import them.
- Make sure you're importing the correct number of users. If you import more users than you have G Suite for Education licenses for, you might get errors during synchronization. For details, see Licences.
- When configuring the users.csv file, use your school's primary domain for teacher and student email addresses. SDS does not support secondary domains.
Note: The forward slash character "/" isn't allowed in names of organizational units. In the Admin console, you'll get an error message. If you use GCDS, G Suite Admin SDK, or School Directory Sync to create or rename an organizational unit, the "/" is replaced by an underscore "_".
|File||Required for School Directory Sync?|
|academicSessions.csv||No (will be ignored if included)|
|demographics.csv||No (will be ignored if included)|
Google, Google Workspace, and related marks and logos are trademarks of Google LLC. All other company and product names are trademarks of the companies with which they are associated.