You create comma-separated values (CSV) files so you can synchronize data from your school information system to Classroom and Google Workspace for Education. When you set up your sync, you’ll enter a link from Google School Directory Sync (SDS) to the CSV files.
CSV file format
- You name and format the files according to IMS OneRoster v1.0 specifications. You must keep all the files in the same directory as SDS.
- The OneRoster standard includes 7 files, but only 5 are required for SDS.
- The files must have these exact names for SDS to import them.
- Make sure you're importing the correct number of users. If you import more users than you have Google Workspace for Educationlicenses for, you might get errors during synchronization. For details, see Licences.
- When configuring the users.csv file, use your school's primary domain for teacher and student email addresses. SDS does not support secondary domains.
Note: The forward slash character "/" isn't allowed in names of organizational units. In the Admin console, you'll get an error message. If you use GCDS, Google Workspace Admin SDK, or School Directory Sync to create or rename an organizational unit, the "/" is replaced by an underscore "_".
|File||Required for School Directory Sync?|
|academicSessions.csv||No (will be ignored if included)|
|demographics.csv||No (will be ignored if included)|
Google, Google Workspace, and related marks and logos are trademarks of Google LLC. All other company and product names are trademarks of the companies with which they are associated.