You create comma-separated values (CSV) files so you can synchronize data from your school information system to Classroom and G Suite for Education. When you set up your sync, you’ll enter a link from Google School Directory Sync (SDS) to the CSV files.
CSV file format
- You name and format the files according to IMS OneRosterTM v1.0 specifications. You must keep all the files in the same directory as SDS.
- The OneRoster standard includes 7 files, but only 5 are required for SDS.
- The files must have these exact names for SDS to import them.
- Make sure you're importing the correct number of users. If you import more users than you have G Suite for Education licenses for, you might get errors during synchronization. For details, see Licences.
- When configuring the users.csv file, use your school's primary domain for teacher and student email addresses. SDS does not support secondary domains.
|File||Required for School Directory Sync?|
|academicSessions.csv||No (will be ignored if included)|
|demographics.csv||No (will be ignored if included)|