You can use Google School Directory Sync (SDS) on Microsoft® Windows® or Linux® servers. Before you begin, make sure you can meet the system requirements.
Install SDSIf you plan to install SDS on a 64-bit compatible server, download and install the 64-bit version. It's best for synchronizing large quantities of data.
- Next to your operating system, click Download:
- Run the installer and complete all steps.
For details on the latest SDS release, see What's new in School Directory Sync.
Depending on the version you’re using, previous versions of SDS might not uninstall. But don’t worry, it won’t affect a synchronization. If you want, you can manually uninstall an old version.
- If updates are available, you're prompted to upgrade the next time you open Configuration Manager.
- Make sure your synchronization configuration was imported into the new version correctly. For details, see verify your settings and simulate a sync
- When you open a configuration file created in a previous version, save the file with the upgraded version so you can run the synchronization in the new version.
Ready to set up your sync? Set up your sync.