After you configure your settings in Google School Directory Sync (SDS), you can review them and correct any problems before you run a simulated sync to test the process. Your CSV files, Classroom, and Google Workspace for Education data is never changed in a simulated sync. The simulation is strictly for reviewing and testing your configuration.
During a simulation, Configuration Manager:
- Connects to Google Workspace for Education.
- Reads your CSV files and depending on your settings, generates a list of classes, users, groups, and organizational units.
- Generates a list of differences between the CSV files and Google Workspace for Education data.
- Logs all events.
- Generates a report that shows the changes that would have been made to your Classroom or Google Workspace for Education data if it wasn’t a simulated sync.
You're on step 6 of 6
Verify settings and run a simulated sync
- Open Configuration Manager.
- Click Sync.
You can check the status of your settings on the Validation Results & Sync tab.
- If you see a checkmark next to a setting, it’s complete and ready to go.
- If you see an X next to a setting, click the section and update the setting.
- When the required fields are complete, click Simulate Sync.
- (Optional) Click Clear cache. Clearing cache can dramatically increase synchronization time.
- If the simulated sync generates a list of changes that you want to accept, click Sync & apply changes to save them.
Note: The list confirms the minimum settings for a sync. You might need to configure additional filters or rules to verify all the results.
For next steps, go to Synchronize, or choose an option: