Connect SDS to your domain
You need to configure Google School Directory Sync (SDS) to connect to your primary Google domain (not a domain alias). Depending on how your server connects to the internet, you might also need to specify network proxy settings.
Find your primary domain
From the Admin console Home page, go to Domains.
To see Domains, you might have to click More controls at the bottom.
- Click Add/remove domains.
- Under Status, look for Primary Domain. Your primary domain is listed on the left under Domain.
- Make a note of your primary domain name
Connect your primary domain with SDS
- Open Configuration Manager and click Google Domain Configuration.
- Enter your G Suite for Education primary domain name.
- Click Authorize Now.
- Click Sign In.
A browser window opens showing the G Suite sign-in page.
- Using a super administrator account, sign in to your G Suite for Education account.
- Copy the verification code and paste it into Configuration Manager.
- Click Validate.
- If needed, specify any proxy settings (details below).
Specify proxy settings
If your G Suite for Education domain server uses a proxy to access websites, you need to specify certain settings.
- In Configuration Manager, click the Proxy Settings tab.
- Enter the hostname and port for the SSL proxy.
- (Optional) Specify an SSL proxy username and password.
- If you use different proxies for HTTP and HTTPS connections, enter a hostname and port for the HTTP proxy.
- (Optional) Specify an HTTP proxy username and password.