If you want to use Google services with your organization but you don't yet have a domain name, we can help you purchase one. While signing up for a Google Cloud product, select the option to Buy a new domain. We'll help you purchase an available domain from one of our domain host partners. We'll then set up your Google services for that domain.
Note: Purchasing a domain through Google from a Google partner makes it easier to get started with some Google services. But it has no impact on your position in Google search results.
About our domain host partnersAbout our domain host partners
We partner with Google Domains and companies including GoDaddy.com, eNom.com, and DomainDiscount24.com to offer domain registration and hosting to our customers.
When you purchase a domain through Google during sign-up, you get an account—outside of Google—with one of these partners. Here, they host your domain’s DNS records, which are used to do things like set up mail for your users and create your business web addresses.
As long as you use your domain with Google services, however, you don’t have to visit this external account. We configure your domain’s DNS records so you can set up email, web addresses, and other services without leaving your Google Admin console.
When you purchase a domain name through one of our partners, you get:
- Easy mail setup
You can immediately send and receive email at your new domain. (Your domain's MX records automatically point to Google's mail servers).
- Auto-renewal from your Admin console
You initially purchase your domain for a year. After that, you must renew your subscription with your domain host. You can renew your subscription automatically from your Google Admin console.
- Full DNS control and domain management
Even though we set up your domain for Google services, you still have full control over your domain’s DNS settings. You can access these settings to add support for non-Google services or to contact your domain host. You can easily reach your external domain host account via your Google Admin console.
- Domain locking at no extra charge
Our partners provide an additional level of security to protect against unauthorized domain transfers.
- Custom service addresses
You can reach your services at easy-to-remember addresses, such as mail.yourdomain.com or calendar.yourdomain.com.
Purchase your domain
Applies to G Suite and Cloud Identity Premium.
- Sign up for G Suite or Cloud Identity Premium and follow the instructions that appear to enter information about you and your business.
- When asked if your business has a domain, click No, I need a one. Enter the name you'd like to register and select from the list of suggestions or click the Search icon . Google lists the available domains. If your preferred name is not listed, keep trying names until one becomes available.
- Choose a name along with the appropriate top-level domain (.com, .edu, and so on).
Complete the remaining steps to create your Google account.
Choose your name carefully. It's not easy to change your primary domain name later. If yourchoice.com isn't available, you might try yourchoice.net. For details, see Choosing your primary domain name.
Important: Check your email inbox and respond to the email asking you to verify your contact information. This is required by ICANN (the governing body for domain registration) to complete domain registration. After you purchase a domain, you'll receive an email from the Google Partner (GoDaddy, Enom) to verify your email address. You must verify your email address within 15 days. Otherwise, your domain won't be registered and you can't use it for email and other services.
If you don't receive the verification email, contact Google Support.
All sales are final.
How billing works for a domain registration
If you purchased your domain while signing up for your Google service, you're charged for the full one-year domain registration amount right away. You’re automatically charged again when it’s time to renew your domain.
Note: Unlike your Google service charges, which are monthly, domain registration renewal happens annually. This means that you'll be charged a higher amount on your invoice once per year when your domain registration renews.
After purchasing your domain
- Important: Check your email inbox and respond to the email asking you to verify your contact information. This is required by ICANN (the governing body for domain registration) to complete domain registration.
- Manage domain registration renewals in your Admin console.
- Manage your domain's DNS settings at an account at your domain host, outside of Google. For details, see Access your G Suite domain settings.