This article is for administrators. If you can't sign into your own consumer Google account, see Can't sign in to your Google Account.
When G Suite users can’t sign in to Gmail, they can follow these steps to resolve the problem.
Step 1: Verify the URL
Make sure your users are signing in at http://mail.google.com/a/your-domain.com. Enter the domain name associated with your account in place of your-domain.com.
Step 2: Check the username and password
If your users still can’t sign in, have them try the following steps:
- If your username and password don’t match, be sure that you’re using the correct username and password combination.
- If you still can’t access your account, click the Forgot your username or password link at the bottom of the sign-in box and follow the steps listed to contact your domain administrator.
Step 3: Consider solutions for third-party tools
If you get stuck on the loading page or on a blank white screen when trying to sign in, you might need to make some adjustments to any third-party software you have installed on your computer.
- If you use single sign-on, you can troubleshoot your third-party software (anti-virus software, for example). Read Troubleshoot single sign-on.
- You can also try and troubleshoot your browser. See Fix Chrome if it crashes or won't open.
Step 4: Troubleshoot the network
Contact your network administrator to fix any potential network issues.
Step 5: Take a CAPTCHA test
If you can’t access your email from a third-party email client such as Microsoft® Outlook® or Mozilla® Thunderbird®, you might need to clear a CAPTCHA test to ensure that no automated programs are trying to access your account.
Go to Gmail to sign in. If you get directed to a CAPTCHA test, take it.
Step 6: Troubleshoot error messages
If you get an oops error message when signing in:
- Lower your browser's security or privacy settings.
- Add mail.google.com/a to your list of accepted sites.
- Clear your browser's cache and try signing in again. See Clear cache & cookies.
If you get a cookies error, take steps to Troubleshoot browser errors.