GoDaddy® domains can usually be verified automatically in the Google Setup Wizard. Use these instructions only if the automatic verification process fails.
Tip: For convenience, expand the steps in this article and print it to refer to as you go through the verification process.
After you verify that you own your domain, you can start using your Google service, such as G Suite, G Suite Essentials, or Cloud Identity. If you have G Suite, you can start using Gmail, Google Drive, and all the other services included with your G Suite account.
You get the verification record in the Setup Wizard when you sign up.
Not in the Setup Wizard? Go to Find the G Suite Setup Wizard to find the verification record. Copy your unique verification record, return to this article, and go to Step 2: Sign in to your domain host.
If you already signed up for G Suite but didn't complete the setup process, you can pick up where you left off.
At the top of the Admin console Home page, click Click here to continue setting up the Admin console.
Click Continue to verify your domain with a TXT record. You can also click Switch verification method if you need to use another method.
- Click Copy to copy your unique verification record.
- In the Add a new TXT record to your domain step in the Setup Wizard, click add a CNAME record. You'll copy and paste both parts of this record into your domain's DNS records.
- In the Admin Console, on the Verify your domain and set up email page, click the link to open your domain host sign-in page in a new tab.
Note: If the Setup Wizard doesn’t provide a link to your domain, open the GoDaddy site in a new tab. Keep the Setup Wizard open in the first tab.
- Enter the username or customer number and password you created when you purchased your domain from GoDaddy.
- Click Sign In.
- On the My Products page next to the domain you want to verify, click DNS.
- At the bottom of the Records table, click Add.
- From the Type list, select CNAME.
- In the Host field, paste the contents of the Label / Host field of the CNAME record found in step 1.
- In the Points to field, paste the contents of the Destination / Target field of the CNAME record found in step 1.
- In the TTL field, leave the default value.
- Click Save.
- Return to the Setup Wizard.
- Check the I saved the verification record box or click Verify.
- If you’re a G Suite customer, go to Next steps to set up Gmail.
G Suite: Next steps
Now it’s time to set up Gmail with your G Suite account.
- Keep the Admin console and your domain host pages open.
- In a separate browser tab or window, follow the instructions to set up Gmail (MX records) with your host.