GoDaddy domains can usually be verified automatically in the Google Setup Wizard. Use these instructions only if the automatic verification process fails.
Important! Use this article to set up a new domain with Google Workspace. If you've been using Google Workspace with your domain for more than 3 days, your domain is already verified.
We don't want someone else to use your domain to sign up for Google Workspace. You can help us keep your domain safe by showing us that you are the owner.
You get the verification record in the Setup Wizard when you sign up.
Not in the Setup Wizard? Go to Find the G Suite Setup Wizard to find the verification record. Copy your unique verification record, return to this article, and go to Step 2: Sign in to your domain host.
If you already signed up for Google Workspace but didn't complete the setup process, you can pick up where you left off.
Open the setup tool and click Verify.
Click Continue to verify your domain with a TXT record. You can also click Switch verification method if you need to use another method.
- Click Copy to copy your unique verification record.
- In the Add a new TXT record to your domain step in the Setup Wizard, click add a CNAME record. You'll copy and paste both parts of this record into your domain's DNS records.
- In the Admin Console, on the Verify your domain and set up email page, click the link to open your domain host sign-in page in a new tab.
Note: If the Setup Wizard doesn’t provide a link to your domain, open the GoDaddy site in a new tab. Keep the Setup Wizard open in the first tab.
- Enter the username or customer number and password you created when you purchased your domain from GoDaddy.
- Click Sign In.
- On the My Products page next to the domain you want to verify, click DNS.
- At the bottom of the Records table, click Add.
- From the Type list, select CNAME.
- In the Host field, paste the contents of the Label / Host field of the CNAME record found in step 1.
- In the Points to field, paste the contents of the Destination / Target field of the CNAME record found in step 1.
- In the TTL field, leave the default value.
- Click Save.
- Return to the Setup Wizard.
- Check the I saved the verification record box or click Verify.
- If you’re a G Suite customer, go to Next steps to set up Gmail.
- Return to the Google Workspace setup tool, where you can:
- Add other users to your account.
- Activate Gmail for your organization.
- Review the quick start guides to continue setting up Google Workspace for your organization.
Google, Google Workspace, and related marks and logos are trademarks of Google LLC. All other company and product names are trademarks of the companies with which they are associated.