- Log in to your account at https://login.ionos.com
- If you have only one package, you will land on the Administration page. Proceed to step 4.
- If you have more than one package, select the package with the domain you're trying to verify. The Administration page for the specified domain appears.
- Under Domains & Web Space, click Domain Center. The Domain Overview page appears.
- Select the box to the left of the domain you would like to verify. A blue check will appear.
- From the New drop-down menu, select Create Subdomain.
- Enter the following code [TOKEN] in lowercase letters, and click OK.
- Press the yellow + symbol next to Subdomain Overview.
- Check the box next to the subdomain. The subdomain should now read: token_code.example.com.
- Click the Subdomain Settings button, and select Edit DNS settings in the drop-down menu.
- Click the radio button next to CNAME.
- Next to Alias, enter [TOKEN] in lowercase letters.
- Click OK.
Follow the steps within Troubleshoot CNAME records to fix your DNS setup.