This article is for administrators of the classic Google Sites (no Publish button at the top right). Get help for administrators of the new Google Sites.
Viewer commenting is disabled by default in Sites. To make the sites in your domain more social:
- The domain administrator can enable commenting for all sites.
- The individual site owners can then turn on viewer commenting for specific sites.
Note: Only authenticated viewers in your domain can comment on Sites.Step 1: Enable commenting (admins)
The domain administrator can enable or disable viewer commenting for the entire organization, or for an individual organizational unit by following these steps:
From the Admin console Home page, go to AppsGoogle WorkspaceSites.
- Click Sharing settings - classic Sites.
- In the Organizations section, select the organizational unit for which you want to enable or disable viewer commenting.
- In the Viewer commenting section, select whether to enable or disable viewer commenting.
- Click Save changes.
Once viewer commenting has been enabled at the administrator level, a site owner can enable or disable viewer comments through their site settings:
- Click the gear icon at the top of the page and select Manage site.
- In the General tab check or uncheck Allow page viewers to comment.
When the box is checked, authenticated users who have viewer access to the site can add their comments.